1. The new cria is nursing on his own as of late this afternoon. Dar has been out there feeding him every few hours since yesterday morning, because he just couldn't get the hang of it. They require sunlight (or strong direct light) to help them pinpoint where the milk bar is, and it's been gray and rainy since his birth. Late this afternoon the sun came out and voila!
2. We had the winter coats out again. I think the worst is over, but everyone has been remarking on how winter had made a comeback. We have our big shearing weekend in another ten days, and it would be nice if the denuded alpacas didn't freeze to death. Just sayin'.
3. I won't spoil anyone, and I'll try to expand on it later, but I was pleased overall with last night's Lost
. "Every answer leads to another question," indeed. Still, it validated my beliefs about both Jacob and MIB, so I'm pretty happy about that.
4. There's a drifting satellite that may disrupt US cable service on or about May 23
. This had better not interfere with the Lost
finale. There would be world-wide hysteria, led by me. (Although, it would be kind of fitting given the subject matter.)
5. I cut my bangs this evening and actually stuck one of the blades in my eye. Happily it was the more blunt blade. I need a keeper. Or at least a hairdresser.