1. The new cria has a name: Echo. She's nursing like a crazy little thing (at last) and has taken to fits of galloping as baby crias are wont to do. She's adorable. darlong
has some very cute pictures of her taken today in her stylish purple cria coat, but I don't think she's posted them yet.
2. Cinnamon Girl still hasn't delivered although she's certainly ready. Dar thinks that one of the cria's legs isn't in position, and CG is trying to manipulate it so it's corrected. We're really hoping that tomorrow is the day.
3. I saw the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes of Supernatural
. Obviously I've missed some important stuff in the middle. I hope to catch the rerun this weekend. Or I can just glean it all from what I assume are going to be the squeeing posts on my flist tomorrow :)
4. And speaking of TV, did you know that that wacky Fox TV network is going to go out on a limb and finance a new show that's - get this - a mix of Western and scifi
? Who'd ever watch something like that? They must be crazy! God, I still hate. them. so. much.
5. And more TV, but this is very cool. Next year there's going to be an auction of Lost memorabilia
. Sawyer's glasses! (I figure sparky77
will be all over that.) Hurley's winning lottery ticket! Passports. Dharma uniforms worn by the guys back in time! The freakin' hatch!!
I'm not a collector, but babies, some of that stuff makes me drool with greed and envy.
6. I watched Obama's speech last night, and if nothing else, I have to say that damn, he is one eloquent speaker. I was very, very pleased to see that he was promoting a public option as part of the package, but I still think that he's giving too much to the insurance carriers. And what can one say about the Republican response? Churlish is one word that comes to mind. (Oh, many others come to mind, too, but I'm trying to keep my anger under control since I want to go to sleep after I post this.)
7. Too late. Now I'm pissed again. I should take the advice of Terry on True Blood
: "I can't listen to politicians no more. My head explodes."
8. I will
end on an up note. I will! Ummmmmmm. OK - Chloe was chasing a frog across the back yard. He was hopping and dodging to save his life (literally), getting some real air time with those jumps. I distracted her long enough for the frog to escape, but I have to admit that it looked very, very funny. I have the feeling that the frog was not as amused, but he lives to hop another day.